Monday, September 22, 2008

Is that the one?

Ever experienced the feeling of short term amnesia and complete hold of memory at the same time? I've maintained an infamous reputation for the capacity to remember my clothes and shoes, irrespective of how many they might be, and how old they are. My unique capacity also includes remembering the history of every piece of clothing I own. Everytime we changed houses, or I had to pack up, we went through an eloberate ritual of where the clothes came from, and how they landed in my closet. If that wasn't enough, I'd embark into a wholly philanthropic mode, where I decide which clothes would go for charity.

Ahh... but there lies the bigger problem.. if I give something away, then I'll have to erase that top with all its memories attached to it from me.. and do I then have the strength to severe that tie?? I try hitting middle ground by trying to convince friends to wear it, so that, in my mind, that outfit still stays with me, and I have the potential to remember it ever so often.

After serious considerations, I managed to get 5 pieces of clothing, ready for the red cross, and my roomie (looking at me lovingly) going "are you sure you are ready to part with them?" I put my foot down and decided to go ahead...

Final moral of the story: I got so busy relocating, that the poor clothes landed up in the garbage...
So much for philanthropy...

No comments: