Tuesday, October 7, 2008

we test the times..

Isnt it ironic how indians can get into politics no matter where they are? I myself used to carefully follow what happened in the indian govt while i lived there.. while the primary intention was forcing down those "oh so well written" editorials to score higher on my GRE, I liked to believe that it was my keen interest on changing the world that did it for me...
Fortunately or unfortunately, I land up in San Jose, and whats with trying to be a good graduate student (the not - primary reason for reading those editorials) and being a teacher who taught things that were largely intuitive (how do I save a word document), I got stuck in the middle of both worlds.. or rather out of it.. I lost all track of indian politics, and Bush and the Terminator could not keep me reading the american papers..
And then getting the new job changed it all.. I was suddenly put in a place, where the name "Sarah Palin" was suddenly the center of information, the route to talk to your boss and become the smart, young new intern with great potential in the company..
And so i did just that.. I followed the vice presidential debate, and talks by Obama (unfortunately the soccer mom remained unimpressive in any but the "Britney before the disaster" way... and now.. I am waiting so curiously for Nov 4.. the day... the Bush finally gets cut.. and when america gets to choose between a previous supermodel or the man who said that "look, past is prologue, facts matter".. hmm... i wonder which president hes referring to..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Both the contestants are dumb.... I support Lindsay Lohan for president....

Vidya said...

lol.. i agree.. though with her bolemia problem... her heart might give out soon.. we should choose someone more lasting..